2013年2月11日星期一

Teaching language through watching films


    It is not surprised for me to see that two of my friends have also created their posts which are written based on the same post with me. The name of the post on which I commented is on the blog named Film English, its name is PapermanWe have watched it together and all of us were moved by its story. Today, I have found that the post writer who is called Kieran created a lesson plan with using two short films and one of them is the Paperman.

    The teaching skills I have learnt from this post are unique and useful. In fact, several of my language teachers have also used the way of watching films in their class. But the following activities were always the discussion of the content or writing a summary of the story. The teachers would not pause during the process of playing. From this writer’s lesson plan, I have drawn my inspiration that using instructions to guide the students through the discussion to understanding of communication skills. Depend on different purposes of teaching, teachers could adjust their strategies. Like in this lesson plan, asking students to predict the story according to the characters’ body language and facial expression may be a good way to practice the students’ communication skills. Anyway, combining the elements of film watching and language teaching might be a good way for learners.

1 条评论:

  1. I particularly like your statement,"Depend on different purposes of teaching, teachers could adjust their strategies." As teachers we know that it is always important to keep in mind the objectives for any lessons in order to decide which activities will help students meet those objectives.

    回复删除